Halloween is a day full of fun and excitement, and the thrill shouldn’t stop with the costumes! There is no trick here, just themed snack and drink ideas for your Halloween! During a party, you rarely see people sitting down to eat, so instead, we have come up with a few finger snacks for your guest’s delight.
These are simple, easy, and delicious! There are only three ingredients you need for this snack.
Ingredients: Makes 36
- Package of mini pretzel sticks
- Package of string cheese
- Bunch of chives
- Slice each string cheese stick into thirds
- Spread apart the cheese into thin strands to make it look like a broomstick end
- Poke the pretzel into the end of the cheese string
- Find the thinnest chives in your brunch, and tie neatly around the cheese
- Using your fingernails, pinch off the ends
Hot Dog Spiders
This snack doesn’t require many ingredients either, making it a time and money saver!
Ingredients: Makes 32
- 1 package of your favorite hot dog brand (this recipe uses Applegate)
- 1 tube of crescent dough (refrigerated)
- Black sesame seeds
- Preheat the oven to 400°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Cut each hot dog in half lengthwise, then cut each piece in half crosswise (each hot dog will make 4 treats). Or if you would like larger spiders, only cut the hot dog in half.
- Keeping the middle intact, use the tip of a knife to make 3 slices at either end of each hot dog piece (this will make 4 legs on either side).
- Once all the hot dogs are cut, cut the dough into strips, about 1 inch wide and 2 inches long (you may not use all of the dough).
- Wrap a piece of dough around the middle of each hot dog, pinching to seal the dough, and place, seam side down, on the prepared baking sheet.
- Press 2 sesame seeds into the middle of each “spider” to make eyes.
- Bake until the dough is golden brown and the hot dog “legs” are sizzling and twisted, 10 to 12 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and serve warm optional ketchup on the side.
As a kid did you ever eat “dirt”? Well this is just like that treat but Halloween themed instead.
Ingredients: Serves 8
- 1 packages of Oreos
- 3 cups milk
- 1 box of instant chocolate pudding
- 1 package of pumpkin candies
-1 package Green Sour Straws Candy
- Make the pudding by following directions on the box (whisk together pudding mix and 3 cups cold milk)
- Place Oreos in a large freezer bag and crush with rolling pin or whatever you have in your kitchen
- Layer the Oreos and chocolate pudding in a clear cup. Oreos, pudding, Oreos, pudding, and top with Oreos
- Top with a Green Sour Straw candy cut in half (the pumpkin vine) and three pumpkin candies
- Serve with a spoon
- If you have more time and want to get even more creative, use graham crackers and icing to create Rest in Piece tombstones!
Every good party needs refreshments! Pair your snacks with these spooky and mysterious beverages.
Although this drink looks like a trick, the taste will surely be a treat!
Ingredients: Serves 4
- ¼ cup ice
- ½ cup orange juice
- 1½ ounces vodka
- 2 drops black food dye
- ½ ounce Triple sec
- Orange slices, to garnish
- Pour the orange juice and Triple sec into a cocktail shaker filled with ice. Cover, shake well, and strain into a glass filled halfway with ice.
- In a pint glass, add a drop of black food dye to the vodka. Stir well.
- Using the back of a spoon, slowly pour the black vodka into the cocktail glass so that it rests atop the orange juice and Triple sec.
- Using a cotton swab, carefully paint the orange slices with black food dye, decorating as desired. Garnish and serve.
Sink your teeth into this delicious and decant cocktail!
Ingredients: Serves 1
- 1 1/2 oz light rum
- 1/2 oz orange liqueur
- 2 oz pineapple juice
- 1 tablespoon strawberry or raspberry syrup
- Fill a shaker glass with ice; add rum, liqueur, and juice.
- Shake well; strain into an ice-filled rocks glass.
- Add syrup slowly around edge of the glass without stirring
Bloody Shirley Temples
Not every party is adult only, so we have put together a kid friendly drink as well! This is similar to the vampires’ blood, except kid appropriate and much easier.
Ingredients: As many as you’d like
- 1 liter Sprite
- 1 bottle of Cherry grenadine
- Plastic syringe’s
- Use syringe to suck up the grenadine.
- Pour Sprite over ice, wait until it stops fizzing.
- Pour a little bit of grenadine into the Sprite, do not stir.
- Place syringe into glass for the kids to squirt in themselves.